We value good links with parents and carers. Our staff want to work openly and honestly with you in the best interests of your child.
We have a member of staff whose job it is to work with families and develop parental links with school. Here is a message from her.
Hi, I’m Nazma Ahmed I’m your Family Support Worker here at Deeplish School.
I work from Monday to Wednesday lunchtime.
My main roles are to
- Help develop parental involvement in school life and their child/ren’s learning.
- Helping parents / carers to develop their skills and confidence (including reading, writing, maths, IT etc.) .
- Organise and run variety of classes, workshops and activities for parents.
- Helping parents to support their children with literacy and numeracy.
- Liaise with outside agencies signposting parents and carers as necessary to access support from agencies outside school.
- One to one support for parents who have children with special educational or behavioural needs or issues around domestic violence.
- Supporting families to access services and facilities within the community
If what you need isn’t on the list, just ask, I love a new challenge!
Nazma can be contacted through school. Ring school to make an appointment or drop in to meet her.